Tuesday, November 22, 2005

E-Portfolios for Educators and Students

Just read Generation Z' s latest post on E-Portfolios and I highly recommend this to our group. I am sure that our two techies are doing this already but for me this is entirely new idea - meshing the blog with the e-portfolio!! You also must check out Dr. Barrett's Blog which goes into a great deal of information and tips on this topic as well as many more. Dr. Barrett has made an interesting observation:


I am concerned that more effort is going into tool development and not into the important human dimensions of this process. During my opening keynote presentation, I emphasized:

Context: 21st Century Learning (Partnership for 21st Century Learning, Friedman & Dan Pink


Product: Digital Archive for Life (mostly the contents of my blog entry on 9/24 plus Educause Review article)


Process: Portfolios and Reflection

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great resource. The PDF of the Keynote Presentation could serve as an outline for an entire course in Educational Technology just by exploring the rich mix of concepts and resources identified in that one presentation.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Special Edd said...

Now this is an informative blog. I greatly appreciate it and your comments pertaining to mine.
Thank you.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home